Monday, August 4, 2008

Goodbye Sister

Last Friday, after Maghrib prayers, marked the demise of my grand-aunt, the younger sister of my maternal grandma. It saddens me to see my grandma's face crumpled after I broke the news to her.

'I'm alone now. I'm the only one still living. All my siblings gone, gone.' I took both her hands in my hands and no words escaped my numb lips as I stared down on her sejadah. I wanted to somehow give her strength to overcome her grief; though I know she is a much more stronger woman than I would ever hoped to be. She had survived the death of 3 children and a husband. And now she has to say goodbye to her one remaining sister.

We drove to her hometown of Rasa, Ulu Selangor that night to congregate at Arwah Wan Su's house, where other relatives were already busy taking care of things. Arwah was brought to the burial grounds the next day, close to noon on Saturday.

I remember Wan Su as a woman with few words but strong and resilient, having successfully raised 10 children. Wan Su passed away peacefully Alhamdulillah with all her loved ones around her. May Allah bless her soul. Amiin.

Dunia ini hanya pinjaman.
KepadaNya kita kembali.

2 comments:

Ahmad Khairo said...

Semoga Allah memberkati arwah dan ditempatkan dikalangan orang-orang beriman. Sama-sama kita sedeqahkan AlFatihah kepada arwah.

arrdeen said...

Innalillahi wainnailai hi roji'un..

:(

roSSe-

OF LOVE. OF LIFE. OF US

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker