Heya Popsicles! Owh you know I have been down with the flu recently. Started with feeling achy breaky throughout my body, and then throaty started to feel scratchy and sand-papery. I was like UH-OH, coz u knowlah how it is when moms are not feeling well kan. The whole household could either get chaotic or super-chaotic. And as luck would have it, I was unwell on Labour Day itself. So, I spent the day 'celebrating' at home with my cough, phlegm and a body which was unwillingly forced to REST.
I received many petua or tips on how to speed up my recovery.
1. Drink loadsssss of H20. And I did. Oh boy, about 5 litres. Frequent toilet visits but what the heck lah.
2. Telan telur rebus. I ate two. Supposedly this would help to relieve the sore throat.
3. Air Lemon Barley. Oh oh... Sedaaaapp. For the batuk selsema.
4. Makan eskrim vanilla. Hmnn? I makan Magnum.
5. Strepsils. I consumed both types. For sore throat. And for chesty cough.
The next day, I was sooooo much better!! And by Sunday afternoon, I was completely as healthy as a horse. No demam selsema batuk achy breaky whatsoever. Fully healed. Thank you for all the petua mak neneks and not so mak neneks =)
I can't believe my luck and my super speedy recovery, I thought I better do something like consume more Vit C rich food to boost my immunity. So I went to the fruit grocer and bought loadssss of those lovely round citrusy orange fruit. And while at Daisho, The Curve, I bought the citrus fruit squeezer for RM5. Everything's RM5 in Daisho!
And so begins my latest craze. Squeezing the life out of oranges to get the heavenly fresh juices!
Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
No Sugar, Preservatives Added
RM15 well spent I think.
RM5 for the citrus fruit squeezer.
RM10 for 5 superbly juicy navel oranges.
So gang, let's all go squeeze crazeeeee and boost up your daily dosage of Vit C the natural way!!